Welcome to the SDIA Ice Hockey Program.
We offer a house league program for all youth ages, as well as tournament and travel team options for you and your favorite hockey player(s) to choose from. We also offer many adult league options too. Navigate our wide variety of programs for youth and adult players and if you have questions please contact our devoted hockey director, Craig Sterling; email@example.com or phone +1 (858) 602-6401. The SDIA hockey program is always looking for highly motivated hockey coaches, please contact Craig Sterling if interested.
If you have a new player that is 4-9 years old and would like to try hockey for free for 6 weeks email firstname.lastname@example.org we provide all the equipment , you will just need a stick. This is the best program for any new players that want to try hockey. Class is Saturday Mornings 1045-1140 AM CLICK HERE to sign up.
THIS IS WHAT HOCKEY GEAR YOU NEED TO BE FULLY EQUIPPED TO PLAY HOCKEY AND HOW TO PUT IT ON.
San Diego Ice Arena’s
Youth House League
Register now for the SDIA Youth Winter Hockey League. Season starts September 6 . Practices will be held on Mondays, Thursdays, or Sundays. Must have a team jersey ($45 in Pro Shop). Sign up now online at sdice.com or in the SDIA Pro Shop. Sign up Now before teams are full!
San Diego Ice Arena’s 10th Annual
Open to Tournament and Travel Players
All Divisions B-AAA Mite-Bantam One High Intensity Coach-Controlled Game Per Week Open to Players from All Rinks $300 • Includes Pro Jersey!
All Games will take place at the San Diego Ice Arena April 9 – July 30, 2018* Mites (’10 -’11): Mondays 5:30 PM Squirts (’08-09): Mondays 6:40 PM Pee Wees (’06-’07): Mondays 7:50 PM Bantams (’04 -’05): Wednesdays 8:45 PM
*Subject to blackout dates
San Diego Ice Arena’s presents
High School Prep Hockey Program
April 9-July 30
SDIA is now offering a High School Prep Program that focuses on skill development for high school players who are looking to play in San Diegoʼs Anaheim Ducks High School Hockey League, or SCAHA. This program is open to varsity and junior varsity level players with birth years 2004-1999. The sessions will be Mondays and Thursdays at 9 PM, and will include many high intensity, advanced scrimmages at SDIA. Sign up online or at the SDIA Pro Shop. Space is limited. Cost $375
San Diego Ice Arena’s
SCAHA PreSelect Training
April 12-August 4
SAN DIEGO SCAHA PRE SELECT TRAINING FOR ALL SCAHA OR TOURNEY PLAYERS THAT WANT TO GET READY FOR NEXT SEASON SCAHA OR TOURNEY HOCKEY
Open to all SCAHA & Potential SCAHA Players Squirt-Bantam Advanced Training by SCAHA Coaches Open to Players from All Rinks April 12-August 4 $300
Squirts: Saturdays 3:15 PM Pee Wees: Thursdays 7:50 PM Bantams: Fridays 7:00 PM
*Subject to blackout dates
San Diego Ice Arena’s
3 on 3 Hockey Training
SIGN UP NOW SAN DIEGO 3 ON 3 LEAGUE OPEN TO ALL LEVEL PLAYERS
April 11- August 1 Open to Players From All Rinks
From mini-mites to the NHL, small arena games are being implemented to foster speed, agility, creativity, and most importantly, involvement in the game. Playing on a smaller surface with fewer players allows everyone more opportunities to make plays, develop skills, and have more fun. In 3-on-3 games, players will handle the puck and skate as much as three regular 5-on-5 games — More shots, more passing, more fun!
Squirts Wednesdays 6:25 PM Pee Wees Wednesdays 7:35 PM
Code of Conduct
(1)Code of Conduct Coaches Code of Conduct
- Be a positive role model
- Be consistent, honest, fair and just
- Encourage all players to be team players
- It’s called coaching but it really is teaching. Don’t just tell them, show them the reasons
- Maximize skill, respect, and love of the game of hockey Players Code of Conduct
- Be a good sport
- Be on time for practices and games
- Be a team player
- Respect your coaches, teammates, parents, opponents and officials
- Time together for team unity and friendships. HAVE FUN Parents Code of Conduct
- Bring your athlete to practices and games on time
- No parents at or around the bench please
- Avoid the temptation to bombard your child with advice on the drive to the rink. Emphasize focus, maximum effort and fun
- Do not offer your child money or similar incentives for goals or wins. It teaches individualism over team play
- Never criticize officials, coaches or other players in front of your child
- Always find something positive to say to your child after a game or practice
- Be a role model. Avoid criticisms and negative talk in the stands.
- Approach coaches with concerns calmly and rationally and you will always be heard
Players play. Coaches coach. Parents encourage, cheer and support.
(1)Classes (2)Mini Mite Skills
Best Hockey Class in the City for young ones! Sign up for the season which goes from Sept to End of March or the summer session which is April to end of August. In the winter holiday season you will play mini games at Rady Children’s Ice Rink in Point Loma on the outdoor ice arena. You will also get unlimited public skating and you can join anytime and the cost will be pro-rated. Walk-on for $17 or sign up for either 6 or 12 weeks. If this class is taken with the beginning hockey class, it will be offered as a two for one. The mini mite class requires full equipment and the ability to skate independently. It is offered from 10:45 – 11:40 AM. This class is offered to the beginning skater who is mastering skating with the puck and is geared to teach skaters the beginning rules and applications of hockey. Also, this class builds on the lessons learned in the beginning Learn to Play hockey classes. You can sign up in the SDIA Pro Shop anytime! With enrollment in this class you receive a card which allows you to practice at ANY public session, three times a week for the number of weeks you register. You can register for as few as 6 weeks or the entire 12 week session. If you prefer, you can pay a walk-on fee each week, the cost is $17.00 per class. If you choose this walk on option you will be given a pink slip each week, which you should give to the instructor. This option does NOT include any public session practice.
(2)Youth Beginning Hockey
Saturdays at 10:45am – 11:15am – $17 walk-on or sign up for either 6 or 12 weeks. This class is offered through the Skating School but it is a hockey class. It is offered on Saturday mornings from 10:45 – 11:15 AM. This class is geared for the pure beginner. The age varies from 6 – 12 years old in this class. The class focus is basic skating, stopping, and simple drills to improve and teach the beginner all about hockey skating. All skaters are requird to have a stick and jersey and should wear a minimum of hockey skates. This is a great way to try hockey skating without the cost of purchasing the gear. With enrollment in this class you receive a card which allows you to practice at ANY public session, three times a week for the number of weeks you register. You can register for as few as 6 weeks or the entire 12 week session. If you prefer, you can pay a walk-on fee which is $17.00 per class, each week. If you choose this walk on option you will be given a pink slip each week, which you should give to the instructor. The walk-on option does NOT include any public session practice.
MUST HAVE OWN STICK AND JERSEY
A 30 minute power skating class offered through the Skating School. It is offered on Fridays from 5:40 – 6:10 PM. It is designed to improve speed and agility. This is a class offered to intermediate level hockey players. All skaters who take this class should wear full hockey gear and bring a stick. Pucks are NOT used during this class. To participate you can sign up in the skate shop. With enrollment in this class you receive a card which allows you to practice at ANY public session, three times a week for each week you are registered. You can register for as few as 4 weeks or the entire 12 week session. If you prefer, you can pay a walk in fee each week. The cost is $17.00 per class. If you choose this walk on option you will be given a pink slip each week. Give the slip to the instructor. This option does NOT include any public session practice option. . These classes are open to intermediate level skaters and above. All ages are welcome. Skaters are encouraged to set a pace for themselves to get the most out of the class. To sign up for the class follow the link on the web page. This is a brief overview of our classes offered at our arena. Please do not hesitate to ask questions of any member of the SDIA staff. We strongly believe that these classes help build each individual player and program. Please take part in the many opportunities offered here. CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO
Fridays 6:10 pm – 6:55PM (Admission $15 for walk on or 4 weeks for $40) This is a 45 minute class and players should wear Full equipment. You will work on speed, puck control, stick handling, shooting. To participate in this class each skater has two payment options. The first option is Swipe cards. The cards are available in the Pro Shop. The swipe card can be loaded with 4 sessions at a cost of $40.00. These sessions do not expire. Each skater is responsible for handing the card to the cashier at the skate shop window to have the card swiped prior to entering the arena. If you are not interested in the swipe card, you can pay a walk-on fee prior to entering the ice. The cost is $15.00 per session. Please retain your receipt and have your hand stamped for either payment option. Please show your receipt and hand stamp to the door monitor prior to entering the ice. Contact Craig Sterling with any questions.
Private Lessons Your Player has great potential Maximize it with Personalized Private Instruction Learn from Players That Have Been There! Learn fundamentals and strengthen your hockey skills:
- Skating (balance, speed, agility, backward, forward)
- Shooting (accuracy and power on wrist, snap, backhand, snapshots)
- Stick Handling and Puck Control ( playmaking, passing)
- Speed of Execution (anticipation, reaction, quickness)
- Face Offs, Checking, and Tie-ups
- Defensive and Offensive Positioning (blocking, angling, deeking)
- On-Ice Communication and Leadership
Individualized training for all ages and levels:
- Beginners In-House league to Travel B, A, AA, AAA, Juniors
- For specialized goaltending training,
- please contact Craig Sterling
To get Private lessons with Coach Brad or Coach Craig Email email@example.com
(1) SCAHA Hockey 2018-2019 Season TRAVEL TEAMS PLAY THROUGH OUT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SOME TOURNAMENTS ARE OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA. THIS LEAGUE IS FOR THE MORE ADVANCED PLAYER As the Oilers look ahead to the 2018-2019 season, the coaches see plenty of talented players. SDIA will be fielding 2 Squirt (08-09) Coached By Mike Morneau B team and Squirt BB/A coached by Anh Nguyen. 3 Peewee teams (06-07) coached by Mitch Rodin BB/A , Gary Andreassi BB and Peewee B coached by Mike Jager , Bantam teams (04-05) coached by John Simon A , John Baxter B Join the best hockey program in San Diego. For the 2018-19 season SDIA is looking at having 7 teams. For over 39 years, the Oilers have celebrated the development and growth of youth hockey in the greater San Diego area. The San Diego Ice Arena offers something for everyone, from beginning skaters to high-level, advanced players looking to play Juniors or college hockey. The SDIA hockey program is family friendly and concentrates on all aspects of developing the child into a young adult. Our Tournament Teams offer competitive hockey for house league players without the expense and commitment of a pure travel team. Tournament teams are offered from Mites to Pee Wees. Tournaments are played in San Diego, Orange County, LA County, San Jose, Arizona, and Las Vegas. House league and tournament players are welcome and able to join all year long. Our Travel Teams play either SCAHA (Southern California Amateur A & B level) or CAHA (California Amateur AA) and participate in tournaments across Northern America, traveling as far as Boston and Quebec. Travel teams are offered from Squirts to Midgets. Try-outs for AA, A, & B travel hockey are held in June. The season runs September to March. Our coaches are certified (levels 3-5) and many have professional experience. Contact Craig Sterling firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on private lessons or choosing the appropriate level for your player.
VERY IMPORTANT INFO FOR SCAHA LEVEL PLAYERS FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Sign up for Pre Tryout Clinics and Tryouts Save $ Sign up Early CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO PLAY SCAHA YOU MUST GET A SCAHA NUMBER FOLLOW THESE STEPS ASAP 2018-2019 SCAHA Season Pass Registration Register now to participate in tryouts for the 2018-2019 season. As we move forward towards the 2018-2019 Season, you will need to register your child for the upcoming season to participate in tryouts. To register, you will need: Your child’s USA hockey 2018-19 membership. Once you have your USA hockey membership and you have logged in to the SCAHA site (using the same login as last year), go to Register for SCAHA in the options menu and follow these steps(click link to download step by step instruction) to complete the process and receive your 2018-2019 SCAHA Season pass If you do not have an existing account, select the Create Account link enter your information as the parent and create the account. Once your account is created select the Register for SCAHA option and follow the steps.
Goalie Club For goalie training and one on one lessons contact email@example.com We do training Fridays 6:25 pm SDIA TV Goalie Clinic
- Consider your stance the foundation of your goaltending abilities, as your speed and power begin here. InGoal Magazine recommends that you have a comfortable stance while bending your knees significantly, rather than your back. Bent knees allow you to generate power as you push off the ice, which allows you to follow the puck while keeping you close enough to the ice to stop lower shots.
- Maintain a commitment to controlling your rebounds, as rebound control can make your life as a goalie much easier. Former NHL goalie Kevin Weekes believes that equipment, skating ability, and technique all contribute to rebound control ability, as they determine the angle at which the puck will hit you. Watch how professional goalies keep the puck close to them or direct them into the corner, as they work hard to eliminate rebound scoring chances.
Work on Positioning
- Keep yourself in good position at all times. According to InGoal Magazine, you should keep yourself square to the shooter and make small movements to adjust to any movements that the puck makes. Make sure that your head remains aligned with the puck because this ensures that your body stays in the proper position.
- Practice your skating often–some goaltenders neglect this important skill and pay for it in the long run. Hockey Canada teaches all of its goalies to work on their control and mobility, as goalies must start, stop, and push off to stay in position. Work on changing directions while skating, since most shooters will attempt to shoot the puck away from your body, forcing you to move quickly to make the save.
- Work on your puck handling regularly, as it gives your team a distinct advantage. InGoal Magazine reports that a goalie skilled in puck-handling can prevent the opposing team from gaining control of the puck in the offensive zone. Practice your puck handling frequently, as leads to fewer scoring chances for the opposing team and, therefore, fewer saves for you to make.
GOALIE CLUB IS FRIDAYS 610 PM TO 655 PM SIGN UP IN SPORT SHOP
Shaun Simmons NAHL Scranton Knights Junior A
Rory Herman NCAA Division 1 Arizona State
Andrew Erwin Hibbing Varsity as a freshman
Eden Prairie varsity .
Gray Erwin Hibbing Varsity and Ep varsity
2 place Minnesota state tourney
Gray Erwin Kenai Alaska with the NAHL Kenai Brown bears!
MITE 1 PRACTICE THURSDAYS 420 PM
Head Coach: Steve Lyons / Dave Hough
MITE 2 PRACTICE THURSDAYS 420 PM
Mite 2 420 PM Thursday
Head Coach: Mike Langridge
Assistant Coach: Ryan Simkin
MITE 3 PRACTICE SUNDAYS 315 PM
Head Coach: Dave Toth firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst: Dodge Ommanney email@example.com
Maksim ZaetsJoel Douek
MITE 4 SUNDAYS 315 PM
Asst: Ziga Ivanik
SQUIRT METRO LEAGUE TEAMS
SDIA SQUIRT 1 PRACTICE 420 PM MONDAYS
Squirt 1 (Monday 4:20pm)
|Monday 4:20 Dan Arel firstname.lastname@example.org|
SQUIRT 3 Thursdays 420 pm
SDIA SQUIRT 2 PRACTICE 420 PM MONDAY
|Monday 4:20 Dave Craft email@example.com|
Squirt 4 Sundays 315 pm
|Sunday 3:15 PM|
PEEWEE METRO LEAGUE ROSTERS
SDIA PEEWEE 1 METRO PRACTICE 530 pm THURSDAY
SDIA PEEWEE 1 Thursday 530 pm
Roman Vander Zwall
PEEWEE 4 MONDAYS 420 PM
PEEWEE 4 420 PM MONDAYS
Mateo Sais Montoya
Duston Stafford (also on Team 1)
Ben Rees (When he returns)
Peewee 2 530 PM THURSDAY
Eric Shi (Weiwei Lu)
Sebastian Pierce (Goalie)
GIRLS U12-14 530 PM THURSDAY
GIRLS U14 530 PM THURSDAY COACH ANDREASSI
BANTAM/MIDGET WINTER 2016-17 ROSTERS
SDIA BANTAM TEAM WEDNESDAY 625 PM
PRACTICE WEDNESDAYS 625 PM
HEAD COACH BOB GREEN firstname.lastname@example.org